Frequently Asked Questions


Does my homeowner’s policy cover my personal belongings when they are not in my house?

On the standard homeowner policy, your personal belongings are covered up to the Coverage C limit on your policy when carried on vacation or stored in a storage unit.

There is a 10% limit of Coverage C if your belongings are at a residence premises such as a temporary home or second home. If you have property in excess of this at another residence premises for an extended period, you should consider additional coverage.

Do I need to purchase insurance from the rental car company if I have personal automobile insurance?

Damage to the rental car would be covered under your collision and comprehensive coverage if included in your policy. However, the rental car company may also try to recover damages for the lost income while the rental car is out of service, and your auto policy may not protect you against this. Credit cards sometimes provide coverage for this kind of rental car claim. You should check your automobile policy and with your credit card company to see what the provisions are. You can purchase a collision damage waiver (CDW), which releases you from financial liability, from the rental car company. A CDW can be expensive, depending on the length of your rental.

Do I need a renter’s policy?

If you’re renting an apartment or other residence, a renter’s policy has several benefits. It will provide compensation for many types of loss to your personal property. The renter’s policy also includes personal liability protection.  This could be very important if you’re negligent and, for example, cause a fire that spreads to other rental units.  Liability coverage would normally cover your legal obligations to compensate other parties in situations like this, as well in other situations in which you’re legally liable, such as hitting someone in the eye while you’re playing golf.

Will my renter’s policy cover my roommate?

Typically, policies provide coverage for you and your relatives that live with you. So if your roommate is not a relative, he or she will not be covered under your policy.  Renter’s policies are very affordable, and they provide personal liability protection along with coverage for your personal possessions.

Do homeowner's and renter's policies cover natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes and hurricanes?     

Natural disasters such as hurricanes or tornadoes are covered in the policy.  Others, like earthquakes and floods, are not. If you have concerns about being protected from a disaster, let us know, and we’ll review your insurance and let you know what or if any changes you may want to consider.

Does your insurance service work with your lenders?

It does indeed. Our customers borrow money to purchase homes, cars, jewelry and many other items and, in most cases, they are required to have insurance on these purchases. In the same way our lenders can help you make a purchase, we can assist you in insuring it. By working together, we can give you the most complete service possible.

Insurance products are not a bank deposit, not FDIC insured, not insured by any federal government agency, not guaranteed by the bank, and may be subject to investment risks including loss of principal.

Securities and Insurance Products and Services

Are Not FDIC or any other Government
Agency Insured

Are Not Guaranteed by the Bank or
Its Affiliates

May Lose Value

Cyveillance Site Seal